Was it just me that felt as soon as the calendar flipped over to September autumn arrived?
It seemed to happen overnight, as if nature itself had been counting down. Though lets be honest with the way 2017 has turned out maybe we all just needed it as an excuse to wrap up in a snuggly jumper and get cosy on the couch.
After having such an amazing summer holiday in Copenhagen I’m now more determined than ever to keep that feeling of hyggelig going. So this autumn I’m really focussing on just a handful of key pieces, some are totally doable, others not so much – but a girl can wish right?
1. I totally fell in love with Samsoe and Samsoe on holiday and spotted this jumper, along with the black version, while shopping in Illum. I couldn’t justify buying them both on a sunny August afternoon, but I can now.
2. I’m a total Royal Copenhagen addict and would love one of their new Alphabet Mugs. This will certainly have to be a gift from someone though as its a bit pricey. Father Christmas are you reading this post?
3. Every evening a make sure I have a Skandinavisk candle burning in the house, so when I saw the new Escapes Collection in Illums Bolighus I made sure to give them all a good sniff – all in the name of research of course. This was my favourite of the three, though this range is a little more expensive, how can you not?
4. As a Brit, especially one from the north of England, excessive tea drinking is part of my DNA and now thanks to Stelton I can add a touch of Danish style to it too.
5. I so can’t wait until 6th October when the Ypperlig collection lands in Ikea. Hay are one of my all-time favourite brands and I would love a couple of these chairs for our garden (you’ll see exactly why when I share more details over the coming weeks).
All images courtesy of Pinterest