Please forgive me but as I write this I’m not feeling my best; we’ve had a heavy few days celebrating. No, I’ve not been dancing on tables until the early hours or drinking far too many cocktails. Those days are long gone. It’s been our son’s 2nd birthday.
The last 48 hours have been a nonstop sugar rush (we’ve eaten nothing of any significant nutritional value), but more importantly it has been filled with fun, family and brain washing songs thanks to the arrival of several Vtech Toot-Toot Drivers (thanks again Aunty Mandy).
So if, like me, you would rather bring some Scandi style and sensibility to an occasion like this here are my top picks for the little people in your life:
Photos from top right
- I fell in love with everything on the Bye Bye Birdie website while pregnant and totally recommend Carol’s beautiful products as a gift for any new Mum. Fox wore this Hej bodysuit for his very first Christmas Day along with the heart melting knitted booties.
- If you’re looking for classic children clothing then you can’t go wrong with Polarn O.Pyret. I discovered this amazing Swedish brand in a small shop in Lund and have been totally hooked ever since. Their outdoor range is a particular favourite, though just bare in mind their sizes are a bit on the large side.
- I bought this gorgeous Fabelab Sleepy Ghost Cushion from Illums Bolighus while on my nesting trip to Copenhagen (you can imagine how much shopping I had to do!). Not only does it look super cute but its super practical too. It’s handy as a bolster in a cot or pram, but also great for tummy time and interacting with your newborn in those early months when baby’s eyes are still developing and can only see in black, white and grey.
- This Ooh Noo Rocking Horse has been a huge hit in our house, and I don’t just mean because it matches my home décor! Fox adores his pony and plays with it daily, which is impressive given the amount of plastic we are now hording. It was a bit of an investment but well worth it as it should last him for quite a few years yet.
- I’ve been following Fiona and Nor-Folk for a long time now, and love their Insta Stories and journal just as much as the clothing. Fox and I often ‘twin’ in our matching tees, but let’s just say I don’t ever want my own Wonder Years tee as the big 4-0 is fast approaching!
- We gave Fox this Magni Guitar as part of his birthday presents and he totally loves it already. Granted his Dad will have to give him a few lessons, but we are really keen to bring out his creativity as much as possible and make sure his Liverpudlian musical heritage is part of who he is. Who knows; he could be the next John Lennon?
It seems like I have been planning our celebrations for such a long time and now they’re over in the blink of an eye. But saying that; the last 2 years have been a complete blur if I’m honest. Time is definitely going far too fast.
So for one final time, Happy Birthday my darling Fox!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin