When I originally spoke to Monograph about collaborating, a Danish design brand I have genuinely been obsessed with for a very long time, the plan had been to showcase how their office essentials and stylish stationary supported my hectic daily life as a freelance Communications and Content Consultant, Blogger and Mum.
Understandably, due to the Coronavirus outbreak everything has changed. I’ve also needed to take some time out personally to process, prepare and plan for a very different few months ahead.
Yet, instead of sharing with you a soft focussed and satisfying juggle of client meetings, copy deadlines and play dates, just like everyone, I’m now facing a new harsh reality.
Instead my elegant notebooks and practical planners, colourful pens and fun travel bags will be used to fulfil other everyday creative activities. Whether working from home, teaching my young son or organising personal projects to keep my mind from whirling with worry too much.
With the everyday challenges we all now face, spending time on things that really matter with those that matter most can only be a good thing, and out of all this rediscovering the world around us and collecting some beautiful memories along the way.
Support your local stores
If, after reading this you want to buy some Monograph products for yourself, then in these difficult times please try to shop online with local independent retailers. Monograph are stocked throughout the UK by some of my own personal favourites, including:
- Lifestory in Edinburgh
- Nordic Muse in Manchester
- Alice in Scandiland in Cornwall
- Map Stores in Harpenden, St Albans
- Aume in Glasgow
Keeping the inspiration going
Also, if you are looking for some further Nordic style inspiration to get through these next few weeks, here are some of my favourite recent reads:
- These Four Walls – My top tips for working from home
- That Scandinavian Feeling – How Hygge can help you get through the Coronavirus outbreak
- The Design Chaser – Simple ways to enhance your home room by room
- Bungalow 5 – The 9 best and most binge worthy design podcasts you need to start listening too now
- Cate St Hill – 14 of the best minimalist desks for the simple home office
Monograph kindly gifted the products featured in this post, but all words and opinions are my own. To find out more visit the Monograph website.
All images by Nicola Capper.