When I started out on my blogging journey, I wanted to share with readers how the Nordic way of life inspired my every day.
While the focus over these past three years has primarily been on homes and interiors, these same passions and principles have also been a huge influence on the clothes and accessories I choose to wear, as well as the cosmetics and beauty products I use.
So, when Satu Mäkinen contacted me asking if I’d be interested in finding out more about the Nordic Natural Beauty Awards; of course I said yes.
Launched last year, this online awards contest is the first of its kind, and celebrates 100% naturally produced cosmetics from the Nordic countries. Makeup, skincare, body care and hair care brands battle it out for one of the twenty coveted prizes, which are chosen by a jury of fifty internationally renowned Nordic stars from music, film, sport and fashion.
Trying out some of the 2020 winners for myself, a number of products have quickly become an essential part of my everyday routine. These include the gorgeous Finnish brand Frantsila’s Red Clover Cleansing Gel and Calendula Face Mist, from Sweden the Transderma Vitamin C Serum, which has certainly been put to the test during the latest lockdown, as well as the GLÓey exfoliator from Iceland, used as a weekly treat and providing a much-needed reminder of my trip to the Blue Lagoon last year.
With entries for the 2021 edition now open, as well as a growing want and need for change from consumers like you and I, finding natural as well as sustainable alternatives to our everyday products has never been so easy or exciting.
Meet the winners of the 2020 Nordic Natural Beauty Awards
- Face Cleansing Product: Frantsila – Red clover cleansing gel
- Toner: Frantsila – Calendula Face mist
- Serum: Transderma – Vitamin C Serum
- Moisturizer: Sóley organics – eyGLÓ Moisturizer
- Face Oil: Loelle Organic Beauty – Organic Face Oil
- Eye Treatment: Anumati Skincare – Antioxidant Eye & Lip Serum
- Face Mask: Grevinnans rum – Ansiktsmask/ Peel
- Exfoliator: Sóley Organics – GLÓey Exfoliator
- Body Treatment: Grevinnans rum – Firming Body Oil
- Summer Body Treatment: Havuka – Kuusenpihkavoide 30% (spruce resin cream)
- Sunscreen: Anumati Skincare – Vividness Cream Spf 15
- Lip balm: Lykke by Julie – Kyss Lipbalm
- Deodorant: Naturlig Deo – Deodorant Cream
- Shampoo: Soap&Balsam Finland – Aloe Vera Eko Shampoo
- Hair Treatment: Four Reasons – Nature Moisture Oil
- Soap: Grevinnans rum – Saltvattentvålen No:1 (saltwater soap)
- Lipstick: HAVU Cosmetics
- 99% Natural Treatment: Four Reasons – Nature Moisture Shampoo
- Package Design: HAVU Cosmetics
- Innovation: Luonkos – Facial Oil Cleansing Cakes
To find out more about the awards, listen to the accompanying podcast hosted by Satu Mäkinen or to nominate a product for a 2021 event, visit the Nordic Natural Beauty Awards website.
The Nordic Natural Beauty Awards kindly gifted the products featured in this post, but as always, all words and opinions are my own.
All images by Nicola Capper.
Like this post? Then why not read my chat with Jasmi Bonnen, founder of Danish beauty brand, NUORI.