Following on from my last ‘Nordic Inspiration’ post, which was dedicated to sculptural accessories, I wanted to share my latest crush with you; I’m currently having a marble moment.
This is due in no small part to all the amazing photos I’ve seen recently of Copenhagen’s latest design destination, The Audo.
Conceived by Danish brand MENU, Nathan Williams of Kinfolk magazine and Norm Architects, The Audo is part hotel, creative workspace, café, library and concept store, and its definitely at the top of my ‘must visit’ list when I return to the Danish capital later in the year.
The ideal time to invest
I know this trend has been around for a while, especially in Nordic interiors, but I personally love how the rich veined marble contrasts perfectly with the smooth walls, warm wood and soft fabrics.
And while living with a toddler may not be the ideal time to invest in a marble plinth, I can certainly incorporate smaller and more affordable marble accessories into my current décor style.
My favourite pieces of must-have marble
From chopping boards and tableware, through to clocks and candleholders, this sleek, timeless material will fit perfectly in any room whatever the fashion.
Here are some of my favourite pieces of must-have marble, starting top right:
- Marble Clock by Menu, £250, Utility
- Bow Candleholder by Ferm Living, £116, Royal Design
- Amp Lamp by Normann Copenhagen Lamp, £95, Houseology
- Stone Wall Hooks by Ferm Living, from £37.60, Finnish Design Shop
- Brown Marble Scape Bowl by Ferm Living, £159, AMARA
- Ombria dinnerware by Kahler, from £17, Nordic Nest
- &Tradition Marble Table Lamp, £185, Cloudberry Living
- Gap candle holder, 22 Euro, Warm Nordic
- Groove Trivets by Muuto, from £36, Utility
- PK Marble Bowl by ArchitectMade, £229, Skandium
- Adam Cutting Boards by Broste Copenhagen, £28, Nordic Nest
- JWDA Marble Table Lamp by Menu, £280, Nest
All images from respective brands, featured image by MENU.